Thursday, February 02, 2006

The New World


Movie #6 for Maya

I really liked this movie, but this is another one I wouldn’t recommend to many people. It’s more like a hypnotic succession of images than an actual film. At the end I really felt like I was in a trance. I’m still a little dazed. There’s no real story to speak of, but the movie is structured into three very distinct segments which are all filmed perfectly. It’s basically about the transition from passion to civilization. I like movies which play with the typical progression of time, and this one certainly does that. Colin Farrell rocks the scruffy beard and girlie hair pretty hard. I don’t think he’s a great actor, but he’s starting to peak my interest. Christian Bale is lovely, but only in the movie for like 15 minutes, so don’t rush to the movie expecting him to get lots of screen time. This movie was definitely worth my time, and I hope the 5 other people in the theater enjoyed it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home