Saturday, September 02, 2006

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE – Movie #42



Wow, Sandy and I are agreeing a lot lately. This movie was thoroughly enjoyable, and managed to be touching without being too syrupy. Even though each character was quirky in his or her own way, the actors were of a high enough quality to make them seem like fully fleshed-out people, and not just a collection of annoying personality traits. I had a slight problem with the ending (Olive’s routine was a little unbelievable – yes, it highlighted the absurdity of child beauty pageants, but I think we all already got that point). Also, what mother doesn’t know anything about her child’s routine and/or costumes? Anyway, I guess that’s a plot hole I can overlook. Alan Arkin was great as always, the unknown (to me) child actors were terrific, Greg Kinnear was super and has awesome legs, and Toni Collette and Steve Carrell are perfect. Add a great script that isn’t even boring at two hours long, and what more could you ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home