Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Talladega Nights

Movie #15

People, this movie is retarded. And wonderful. I haven't laughed so hard in a theater since Dodgeball, which should tell you something about my taste level. This is one of those movies where you keep seeing familiar faces, and it feels like each person is at the top of their comedic game. Special shoutouts go to Leslie Bibb, Gary Cole and Molly Shannon for bringing a spark to each of their roles. Sacha Baron Cohen's villainous turn as a gay, French Formula One driver manages to surprise and baffle at the same time.

I'm beginning to wonder how many more versions of this character Will Ferrell will be able to create; he's really cornered the market on deluded, barely literate jackasses. And Ricky Bobby may be the best one yet. If you're into Will Ferrell, if you like John C. Reilly, if you love Anchorman, if you feel ambivalent about America, you must immediately see this movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

OK - I really want to see this movie. Not sure if I should wait till it hits the budget theater, however. I didn't find Anchorman particularly funny, but I do continue to find Will Ferrell appealing.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home