Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One More Time

Movie #7 for Maya





All right folks, I sense some trouble. I haven’t been this gripped by a movie in years. I don’t know if it’s my retarded emotional state, or the time of the year, or what, but ever since I saw The New World I absolutely could not stop thinking about it. So then I went to see it for a second time three days later. Now I’m already worrying about whether I’ll be able to fit it in a couple more times before it’s unceremoniously yanked from the theaters. I won’t go on too much longer, but suffice it to say that after midterms are over, I’ll be posting about The New World at great length on my blog (as if anyone cares). This movie definitely has my favorite shot/reverse shot sequence in recent memory (towards the end). If anyone has seen it I’ll elaborate. The first time I saw the movie it seemed kind of long… The second time I saw it I actually was wishing it just wouldn’t end. I love it when this happens, this is the reason I watch so many movies. I’m not exaggerating; this movie has a very good chance of leaping from my best of 2005 list to my Favorite Movies of All Time list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Uh-oh, this sounds like Crimson Tide syndrome. You know, that mediocre 1995 movie that I saw 10x in the theatre (mostly because of sweaty Viggo)? Try to catch a few matinees, Maya.

10:11 AM  
Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

Hey, this movie is not mediocre. That's probably the main difference. I'm more interested in it as a work of art... the fact that Colin Farrell and Christian Bale are usually sweaty and/or soaking wet in it is merely a perk.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home