Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cultural Events #24 and #25

I didn’t do this on purpose, but I hit exactly 25 cultural events now that I think about it. I saw DJ Rupture at the Empty Bottle – he’s a great DJ who mashes together seemingly unrelated styles – world music, hip-hop, rap, R&B, oldies, etc., to make a great drum and bass synthesis which is more experimental than anything you’ll hear any other DJ do. He threw in some funny stuff too, like a highly distorted version of “Sexyback.”

Also saw Gogol Bordello – big fun as usual. I was very happy to be on the balcony, which was sweltering – but at least there was space between all of us. People on the ground floor were saturated with other people’s sweat. Grody! I am way too old for that mosh-pit nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home