Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More Kid Lit!

Book #13: The Westing Game, Ellen Raskin

I'm SO lazy. All I can handle is YA novels, but in the meantime, I'm reading a 600-page baggy monster, so I don't feel too bad about myself.

This one was like going in the wayback machine. I probably read it when I was 9 or 10, and a few things felt familiar as I read, but for the most part, it was all new to me. It's a murder mystery set in an apartment building where all the characters are somehow connected to each other or to the murder victim (who lived in a mansion up the hill from the apartment). Anyway, it's a fun one. More for younger kids than the usual early-teen YA that I love. Get it for the little kid in your life! Not that I know anyone with little kids in their lives.

OK, time to find a new fluffy book to read alongside the heavy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home