Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Movie #92 – The Queen



So close to 100, I can taste it… but I’m still not sure I’ll hit 100 this year. Actually, what am I saying? I’ll do it, easily. Only 7 more this year? No problem.

Much to my surprise, the Logan Budget theater is now showing The Queen. I was hoping that I’d be the only person at the 4:20 screening, but there was a crowd of about 6. I’ve still never been the only person in a theater at a movie since I moved to Chicago – and that’s after at least 350 separate viewings. Oh well.

This movie was great. Very funny and well-filmed. Everyone seems to agree that Helen Mirren is the bomb – and she is. The part was absolutely perfectly acted, down to the most miniscule detail. I smell an Oscar nomination! Me and a bunch of other people! I don’t have a whole lot else to say about this movie, but it did make me think about what it must be like to live under monarchy rule – I mean, I’ve always known England is a monarchy, and I’ve seen countless British movies and TV programs, but it never really occurred to me how much that political system can influence people on a daily basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home