Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Movie #57

The Illusionist



This was a pretty good movie. I was somewhat underwhelmed, but that’s probably due in large part to the fact that I was no longer watching a film with a packed house full of super-hyped film fanatics, the cast, and the director. I was just watching a regular old movie at Webster Place Cinema with a handful of weirdos. To be fair, the movie was quite good – I was completely surprised by it on more than one occasion. A Hollywood movie that can pull the rug out from under you is quite a feat. I guess that’s why it’s called “The Illusionist.” Acting was great all around, and the soundtrack was beautiful (Phillip Glass), but it was slightly boring at moments in spite of all this.

The best part about going to see another movie right after the Toronto film fest – I found out that the parking lot near the theater is free Mon. through Wed., and I found ten dollars on the bathroom floor!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I just saw this too. I agree with everything you said. Wouldn't it be fun to see Giamatti use his Austrian accent to play Santa Claus?

10:08 PM  
Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

Yeah, I think so. I liked everyone's performance in this movie. Even Jessica Biel wasn't bad (although I have no reason to think she would be bad, as I haven't seen her in anything, other than the pages of Star Magazine).
So, Giamatti as Papa Claus, Jessica Biel as Mrs. Claus, Edward Norton as the head Elf?

1:34 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

What is up with Jessica Biel's BUTT? It is humongous (in that slammin' way the people like.) Does she stand with her back arched?

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home