Sunday, April 02, 2006

Inside Man


Sandy's movie #8

First, a little tangent: I don't think I'm spoiling anything by telling you the opening song /ending song for this movie is A.R. Rahman's "Chal Chaiyya Chaiyya" (from the Bollywood movie Dil Se). That's the awesome musical number lipsynched by Shah Rukh Khan on top of a moving train-- I'm sure I've made some of you watch it before. I could not contain my head from bobbing while this song resonated through the packed movie theater. I think I even wiggled my shoulders a little. What's puzzling to me is that Bollywood had absolutely nothing to do this film... in fact, the rest of the movie soundtrack was all Hill Street Bluesy. WTF? I predict that Bollywood music is the next genre to be sampled to death by R&B, which makes me sad.

Ok, now the flick. What a dream cast! Even if you've seen the trailer, you will be pleasantly surprised by who else pops up here. And like 25th Hour and Do the Right Thing before it, Spike keeps it real in Inside Man by bringing very relevant racial tensions to light. Smart, witty, suspenseful-- I dug it. Ha ha, for people who saw both, I bet it made that Harrison Ford bank caper (which I can't even remember the title of and which has already fled from theaters) look like the shittiest shit ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home