Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Survivor

Sandy's Book #4: Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

I don't know if I spelled Dude's name right and I am too lazy to look it up. OK so I read this for a book club I might join... eh, I wasn't digging it. In fact I had been reading three books simulatenously and not finishing any of them because I was always going back to this crap out of a sense of duty. Yay, I finally got to the end and now I can give my other, more likable books their due attention. So what is it about old Chucky P.? Males seem to adore his books and the movie(s) based on them. But Dude is pretty much a misogynist, or at least his characters are-- has anyone noticed? I know this Survivor book is technically a "satire," but I loathed the main character too much to find him amusing. The narrator is the last living member of a suicide cult who somehow becomes a spiritual guru for the nation. I didn't learn anything about myself or about the world from reading this, so I consider it pretty much a waste of time. Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home