Sunday, April 02, 2006

Cultural Event #5 - Le Bad Art

I went to the final undergraduate exhibit for the School of the Art Institute with Kelly (she knew someone who was exhibiting in the show). We got there 20 minutes before it closed and the place was a madhouse. Sure, there was good stuff there, but there was way too much of it to actually absorb anything (280 graduates on 3 floors). And there was bad stuff…. Oh, there was bad stuff. The highlight was a performance artist who was wearing a brown bodysuit and a huge black wig which completely obscured his face and went down to his knees. He was gyrating, dancing around, and rubbing his torso within a square made entirely of toilet plungers. I was wondering what would happen if I took one of the plungers and beat him with it… would that make the performance art better, or worse? And would I have been arrested?

Here is a picture of art that I did not see… but I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home