Sunday, February 19, 2006

Oregon Ballet Theatre


Sandy's cultural event #4

Something about stage performance lends itself to daydreaming... the #1 daydream I bet everyone in the audience of this show was having: "Oh, I wish I had a dancer's body!" I'm sure even the men were thinking this, given that the male dancer's costumes were essentially tighty-whities and nothing else, allowing us to see every muscle in their bodies (except for the one obscured by their cod pieces.) We saw the "Winter Program," which was a series of three one-act shows. As the Artistic Director described it, "Active, physical and a little steamy." Not surprisingly, Portland audiences' penchant for twittering extends to the fine arts. During one risque dance move, I heard at least two different people behind me say, "This must be the steamy part."

A little ballet goes a long way, so we ditched before the third act. That's the beauty of comp tickets: no pressure.

1 Comments:

Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

Having a dancer's body is easy! I learned the secret from an ex-ballerina. All you have to do is work out for 12 hours a day, quit eating, and develop a meth habit. It's just that easy. Oh, and the male dancers have it slightly easier... they're allowed to eat a tiny bit.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home