Monday, June 12, 2006

The Nasty Bits


Sandy's book #9, The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain

Oh, Tony.

I had a semi-steamy dream about Tony last week. The next day I bought his new book, a compilation of essays written for a variety of other publications that span his Food Network days and beyond. The day after that, I checked his tour schedule on-line. Lo and behold, Mr. Bourdain will be in my fair city on Wednesday!

I would recommend this book to Tony fans. It's dripping with his signature machismo and irreverence... sexy sexy. The notes in the back, however, reveal a somewhat mellower, definitely wiser Tony who admits embarrassment over some of the potshots he's taken at the likes of Rocco DiSpirito and Emeril.

If I am lucky enough to get my picture taken with Tony on Wednesday, I'll be sure that he's in the foreground (so as not to have another Sandy-eating-David Cross-photo repeat.)

1 Comments:

Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

Hey, you've sufficiently intrigued me. Kitchen Confidential was a good and easy read, so I'll check this out when I have time. Good plan about the picture-taking, although no one thinks your head is really eating David's, except for you.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home