Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cultural Event #9 – Wine Country




I guess I could count my entire trip to Portland as a cultural event since I’d never been there before. But visiting Wine Country during Memorial Day weekend was probably the most festive thing we did. I’d never been to a winery, and I really enjoyed the experience. We visited three wineries and got pretty tipsy. I bought wine at each place but somehow neglected to buy a bottle of pinot noir, which Portland is really famous for. Oh well. I’ll just have to do that next time – and hopefully we can have some sun and wander through the fields. Many thanks to Marc and Sandy, the gracious hosts (and Marc for his chauffeuring abilities). The night was topped off perfectly with an awe-inspiring meal at Lovely Hula Hands, which I also hope to hit again sometime.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Bitte schoen. Nice pic- except that I look retarded. You look like my group home field trip leader.

12:28 AM  
Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

Oh please! You do not look retarded! But your comment made me almost lose it, and I'm in class, ostensibly paying attention.

Anyway, what group home gets to go to wineries?

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home