Friday, June 02, 2006

The Puffy Chair


Da Vinci Code - Sandy's Movie #13
X-Men The Last Stand - Sandy's Movie #14
The Puffy Chair - Sandy's Movie #15

So my first thought tonight was "Let's go see Vaughinston in The Break Up!" which proves that I am indeed a media zombie, no doubt thanks to network television, celeb magazines, and Katie Couric. Luckily I thought about it for .2 seconds and-- realizing the last two (no, three!) movies I saw were Hollywood crapola -- decided to purge myself of my Multiplex rut. So we went to see The Puffy Chair.

Portland is one of only six cities nationwide where this movie is playing theatrically. It was a Sundance selection and SXSW Audience Award Winner, but being that it was shot on DV and has no stars and all, it's not exactly arthouse material these days. Anyhoo-- it was damn good! It's like watching a funny/sad relationship/roadtrip movie starring YOUR OWN FRIENDS. Or people you wish were your friends because they are so attractive and witty (but not in an annoying hipster way. Mark my words - "Rhett" will be a big star.)

Bonus! The star\writer was there for a pre-screening hello and post-screening Q&A. And he thanked us personally for not going to see The Break Up. He gave us Puffy Chair stickers to help spread the word about his little ole movie, so we left ours at the entrance of a Tapas Bar (Patanegra AGAIN, Maya! Loving that place) with "Go see The Puffy Chair" scrolled across the back. GO SEE THE PUFFY CHAIR!!!!! It even renewed Marc's and my faith in indies -- Halleluljah! It's about time!

1 Comments:

Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

This sounds good... no word if it'll be released in Chicago, but I'll keep my eyes watchin' for it.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home