Sunday, June 04, 2006

Movie #28

An Inconvenient Truth




I followed up the double-dose of summer blockbuster fluff with a good punch in the face, the Al Gore documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Why wasn’t Al this charming and entertaining and funny when he was running for president? Editing can do a lot to a person. But this movie does a great service by highlighting his attempt to spread an environmental message (in particular, information about global warming). I believe that it is very important for everyone to see this movie, and not just because the movie itself told me to tell all my friends to see it. Even though I consider myself relatively well-informed about the environment, there were some truly shocking and disturbing facts outlined in this film. I won’t tell them to you – this way you can be shocked and dismayed all on your own when you see the film! And if you insist on not seeing it, then fine, I’ll tell you later. Oh, and this movie will make you despair at the thought that the world truly WOULD have been a different place if Al Gore had been president. I have to stop typing now before I start sobbing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

This opens in theaters here Friday and we are most def going. But I know I am going to despair that the presidency was stolen from Gore. For reasons other than the environment even... do you know the House is debating a mandatory draft bill today? Despair, despair... time to buy acreage on the moon?

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home