Monday, May 22, 2006

Movie #25 – The New World



I hit 25 movies! But by Sandy’s estimation, it’s only 20 when you subtract 5 viewings of The New World.

So, I was overjoyed to hear that the University of Chicago was showing The New World. I planned on going twice but only went on Sunday. I convinced my friend Ryan to go with me, and he loved it. I swear every time I watch this movie, I see something new. I sat slightly farther back than usual, and this time the film was digitally projected (not sure why?) The image did look slightly different – it was very crisp, and some of the colors were even more vivid, but there’s always some slight pixellation noticeable with digital projection. It still looked fantastic though.

Oddly enough, this was the only screening where I had to shush somebody. There were two smartasses chatting through THE WHOLE MOVIE. It was very quiet, and they were pretty far away from me, but at one point I had to shush them. I never encountered a noisy person at any of the other five screenings (including the Wisconsin budget theater screening, where I was surrounded by country bumpkins). No, the chatty cathies were at the University of Chicago, where everyone is supposed to be such a braniac. Pfffft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home