Monday, May 08, 2006

Mission: Impossible Tres



Sandy's pelicula numero #10

Some of you maybe too embarrassed (read: snobby) to see MI3 on opening weekend, but not I. No, I and my trusty mainstream boyfriend braved the masses to attend a Friday night screening. The theater was sold out, so I guess there are enough Scientologist sympathizers / people not on Ritalin / people apathetic to celebrity gossip to fill a theater. Actually come to think of it, almost half of the people in the theater seemed to be from Asian countries… with all the Mexicans on the streets celebrating Cinco de Mayo, and all the Asians in the cinema, downtown Portland was looking a lot like California! Radical! Anyway, here are my thoughts on the movie-- which I rather enjoyed:
  1. How the heck did they find an actress who looks exactly like Katie Holmes to play Tom Cruise’s girlfriend?
  2. Ironically, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers sounds LESS gay speaking Italian.
  3. I can’t help but root for Phillip Seymour Hoffman even when he’s a villain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home