Monday, January 09, 2006

OMSI

Sandy's Cultural Event #1

Whaaaa... do I really have to go to 24 more of these things?

OMSI stands for the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, and I used to love this place. My elementary school took annual field trips here. Sad to say, the exhibits haven't changed much in 15 years. But the prices sure have-- whoa, Nellie! $19 for the "Museum Combo" includes admission to the museum, a planetarium show OR submarine tour, and an OMNIMAX movie. We didn't go this route (clearly for high rollers only.) And how's this for waste of resources: the IMAX films they were showing were Harry Potter 4 and The Polar Express. Hel-LO, Science Museum hai? I wanna see something with volcanoes or coral reefs or glaciers. Ugh. We just did the museum and the Planetarium show (which I'd already seen. And it was only 25 minutes long. $5.50 per person. WTF?) So I will heretofore refer to OMSI as the Old Museum for Suckers and Imbeciles. Oh, and when it comes to these educational museum thingies, I think adults should actually be cheaper than kids. I mean in theory, we already paid college tuition to learn all this stuff. And it's not as amusing when you're over 12.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Ann said...

HA. Technically, you do have to do 24 more of those. But, they don't have to be boring, overpriced museums. If that helps...

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home