Monday, January 09, 2006

Syriana




Sandy's Movie #2

I just looked up the meaning of the title because the movie didn't explain it, which I kind of dig. Like Magnolia-- remember how much that one pissed people off? So according to a blogger who may or may not be credible, it's the dreamed-up named of an idyllic unified Arabic state.

I'm not gonna pretend I understood what was going on in this film 100% of the time. There are too many characters who look the same and talk the same and seem to have the same job (and they're all middle-aged white guys.) This movie made me feel dirty. It brings to light issues most of us would probably remain ignorant about. It's not a pretty picture, but I'm glad it got made. Props to George Clooney for his integrity (until he goes forward with that rumored Oceans 13 shite.)

I just wanna add that Alexander Siddig rocks this movie, like he rocked Kingdom of Heaven. He is a desert babe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home