Saturday, January 07, 2006

Maya – Movies #1 and #2

OK, let me just say that it’s true, I will have no problem seeing three times the suggested number of movies. I will probably read zero books… unless you count textbooks, and believe me, I’ll post about them as I’m reading them… haven’t exactly cracked the books yet this quarter.

So, I always try to see a movie in the theater the first day of the year (just to get things started right). Since Diego and Andrea were with me I wanted to pick something that wasn’t dialog-heavy (Diego’s English is very good, but a slapstick-based comedy is obviously a better choice). Movie #1 was Fun with Dick and Jane.



I don’t think this movie merits the bad reviews it’s getting. If you think Jim Carrey is completely hilarious (and I do), then this movie is definitely worth watching. The whole setup with the Enron-style corporate debacle (and Jim Carrey as the fall guy) is a total riot.

Movie #2 was along slightly different lines…. Touch of Evil, which I’ve never seen before. It was playing at the Music Box and Kelly convinced me to go. I had no idea that it would be so hilarious. The night manager of the hotel has got to be one of the funniest characters in film history. I won’t say much about the film since plenty has been said already… I love the fact that I got the year off to a start with two such completely different movies. And Movie #3 should be happening tomorrow…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home