Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mr. Rachel Evan Wood



So I was all set to go in to clinic tonight and make up some hours, but my friend called and told me he had an extra ticket for Marilyn Manson. That sounded more fun that a clinic shift, so off I went. The only other big show I’ve been to recently was Daddy Yankee – this is kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum. I was impressed with the wide variety of people that were there. It was quite the diverse crowd, a lot of cute boys, lots of people in their 40s and up, and a couple of kids that scarily enough couldn’t have been more than 12 years old. There were a lot fewer people in full makeup and silly leather bondage outfits than there used to be at these kind of shows 10 years ago. And it was my first time at the Aragon Theater, which is this cheesy old school concert hall, standing room only, with a bunch of fake building facades encircling the whole place so that it looks like a European plaza, and the blinking night sky and constellations and all – very cute place! I don’t know any of Marilyn Manson’s songs really, except for his version of “Sweet Dreams” and “Beautiful People” of course, but the show was still plenty entertaining, and now my ears are ringing and whooshing pleasantly from all the damage done to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home