Thursday, January 17, 2008

MORE POP MUSIC

Time for another pop song. I heard this particular song on the radio a few times and always thought, “Who is this? This sounds like the Scissor Sisters.” Obviously it wasn’t, but I was stumped. Of course the first time I even tried to figure it out, I did quite easily: Nelly Furtado. I knew nothing about her before (and still don’t) except that sometimes she looks really hot, and other times looks really terrible.



I didn’t realize until I saw the music video that she also owes a huge debt to Michael Jackson… or maybe it’s a tribute? Anyway the video is Thriller-Lite. But the song is good. You guys will probably hate it too, but imagine if you actually listened to the radio for an hour a day (I’ve done it many times while driving when my CD player doesn’t work)... A song like this gleams like a shiny quarter in the stank sewer ditch of popular music.

"Maneater" by Nelly Furtado

There’s also a cool Indian remix of this which I found while searching for the video: Maneater Remix
Isn’t every song better if it has an Indian or Latin beat?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

OK, first off, this song sucks. Secondly, how does she manage to rip off both Thriller AND Beat It in one lousy video?

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home