Thursday, March 09, 2006

Midwest Independent Film Festival

Cultural Event #2



Does a collection of short films made by people in the Midwest count as a cultural event or a film? For me it counts as a cultural event, because I see way too many movies already. Plus, there was a before-party and an afterparty, and I got free beer thanks to the sponsorship of Goose Island Brewery. I would never have gone to this screening on my own, ironically enough, because I tend to stay away from low-budget films and/or films not starring Colin Farrell. But my friend Ivy encouraged me to go, and her fiancé is the producer, and I already know him too, and my love of cinema is too well-known for me to get out of things like this. I don’t know why I was initially hesitant. I had a great time, talked to some interesting people, and got free food, free beer, and free entry. I’ll definitely be going next month (it happens on the first Tuesday of every month at Landmark).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home