Monday, August 20, 2007

Tee hee

Movie #11, Superbad

It's official. The Apatow group is the funniest around right now. Superbad is hilarious and sweet at the same time, just like Knocked Up. Can I declare them the best comedies of the summer even if I haven't seen any others?

Superbad concerns the immature machinations of three graduating high school boys trying desperately to get booze to bring to a party to impress girls. What the movie really accomplished (other than causing me to snort rather embarrassingly) was to make me realize that high school SUCKED. I've actually spent the last eight years believing that I loved high school, and that I had a great time there. NO. So false. Watching Superbad made me realize how much pressure we were under then. How much it sucked to never know the right thing to do or say, to always feel wrong somehow. The movie also makes you realize that it is truly amazing to come out of that time with even one great friend, and I'm luckier than most to be able to say that I have a whole slew of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Yeah, during the movie I felt major clique guilt for not inviting more sweet nerds to my parties. High school DID suck. And I agree with the EW reviewer who said that the "Jules" character was totally implausible (hot + nice to geeks + teetotaler + cool? yeah right.)

7:07 PM  
Blogger ginsoakedgirl said...

I agree with the above comment, but in my eyes the point of this movie was basically just to be a string of the raunchiest and most distasteful jokes ever. I loved it and thought it was funnier than Knocked Up.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home