Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cultural Event #15

Gay Pride Parade

Well, I went back to the Gay Pride Parade (it’s been at least 7 years). It was a rainy morning, but by the time afternoon rolled around, it was hot and sunny – see, God didn’t want the gays to have a rainy parade! Anyway, I went with Ryan and Kelly, and once again was astounded by the wide variety of gay people in this city, and surprised by the huge numbers of gay thugs. I don’t really know any gay thugs, and I don’t associate those two things together, so whenever I see one it’s an eye-opener to be sure.

Here are some photo highlights from the afternoon:


Some religious protestors, who were preaching on a nearby corner. Here you can see the line of police officers protecting them (a few drunk queers were getting riled up, throwing beer bottles, etc.) The crowd at one point was chanting at the bible whackers: “You’re gay! You’re gay!” That was pretty funny. Also, one woman yelled out, “I saw Mary’s tits!” I thought that was funny too.


The cleanup afterwards. All of a sudden cops all over the city are zipping around on these dune-buggy things. I don’t think they’re necessary… I think the cops just wanted some cool vehicles that would look great in a high-speed chase.


Ignore the gay gentleman in the foreground. Look past him, at the brightly-colored menorah.


GAY! GAY! GAY! GAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home