Thursday, January 03, 2008

Reading is my new thing

Hey ya'all, I read another book. Sorry to be so boring. I also saw I AM LEGEND, but gin-stank-girl already posted about it, and anyway, what you see in the preview is pretty much what you get. Not much I can add... except that (MINOR SPOILER ALERT) never having heard of Bob Marley, even if you're Brazilian and it's 2012, is totally unbelievable.

So back to my book...

ALL SHE WAS WORTH by Miyuki Miyabe

In the spirit of Natsuo Kirino's OUT (one of my all-time favorite books, which I posted about sometime last year), this is a chilling thriller set in Tokyo. Though this was written several years before OUT, and is decidedly less gruesome, it treads in familiar thematic territory. It's about a police detective who--during a leave of absence from the force--is recruited by his distant relative to investigate the disappearance of said relative's fiancee. It's a really expertly paced mystery that keeps you turning the pages... in fact, I barely slept at all until I was able to finish it.

Has anyone else seen JUNO yet? It was cute... but it's not gonna be my #1 movie of 2007 after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home