Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Reading Online

Book #2 - Candide, by Voltaire

Back when Maya was a desk jockey, she read hundreds of books. I don't have the luxury of kicking my heels up and openly reading a book while I sit at my desk, but I do openly surf the net. So I've finally combined the two! Candide was my first online reading experience, and I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, being able to read something during my downtime (once I'm through all the blogs, and celeb and TV gossip sites, of course) is pretty sweet. But it feels wrong to read a book on a screen instead of a page. And with this one, the site I used didn't list the translator so I couldn't figure out if it was the best option.

Anyway, it's a classic, yadda yadda. And it is pretty funny and over the top and whatnot, but like I said, the translation wasn't great, which hurt my enjoyment of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home